Tuesday, February 15, 2011

The humanity!!!

OH Friend Tammy! Woe. Woe is me! Listen for all the good, funny stuff we share, I miss sharing those not so good feelings. (that sounds odd, but you know what i mean)

I'm having one of those moments where I would normally swoop into your cubicle and tell you that the world is an unfair, illogical place and our existences are nonsensical and what does it all mean??!!!

Yes, I got sucked into a PBS special again...... about sex trafficking in eastern Europe.

It's horrible. HORRIBLE. The world is so full of unpunished evil and unspeakable acts. And how can things be so uneven that some people are buying $20,000 purses while others can't afford to feed their families??? If nature balances itself, how is humanity so imbalanced?

These poor, poor girls. They're so destroyed by evil people, and yet some of them return to it because they need money for their families. And all I could think, looking at these Ukranian girls was...."I have too many jeans!!!!"

I mean, they have so little, and I have all this....I have like, 20 pairs of jeans! What do I need with 20 pairs of jeans when people are dying and starving and being sold??? What is the point of this? We are so fragile and there is so much evil in the world? People are suffering-SUFFERING and I am worried about the split ends in my hair. OHGOD I'm a horrible person! I'm so selfish and materialistic and I don't do anything to help people in need and ......ooh, my new Vogue is here.

2 comments:

  1. Oh gawd. I watched this last night. The Frontline special, right? Now I also feel like a terrible, materialistic asshole. We should be grateful we don't have to prostitute ourselves in Turkey to pay for our brother's abdominal surgery because our whole family has been exposed to nuclear waste and we all have tumors. :/

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES. See. I knew if it were something totally depressing, you'd be all over it. Yup. Hookers. Kidnapping. Brothers with tumors. Bleak, hopeless death.

    ReplyDelete