Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Yarnbombing?!??

Whaaa???? Did you KNOW about this??? Am I living under a rock still, how do I miss these things?

First of all, let me get this out of the way: Tammy. I can't believe you are reading Harry Potter. I expected more from you.  Nono, i'm just kidding. I know they're probably great books, that's why everybody loves them. But at this point, I think I'm the last person on the planet who hasn't read them (now that you're out of the running) and I've held out so long that now I feel I should continue to resist it on principle, and I'm hoping to make the Guinness book for this accomplishment. Viva la resistance!!!

Alright, so check this out. Guerilla knitting.   I know right?! Brillyant!!!!

This artist Olek managed to cover the Wall Street bull in a giant knitted cozy. Beeyutiful!
                                                       Read the story hyah: Olek's Bull


Here are some more good examples:





Check out these pics with some more sweet yarnbombing HYAH!


              ...und HYEAAH!: CrochetGuevara.com
                      (THAT is a brillyant name. we should have thought of that.)


Furthermore and lastly. This pic is from the site Yarnbombing.com.
I take it they are innocently trying to show you how to knit a "cap" for a traffic barrier, but I am sorry, it looks like a wang.

Am I wrong???

No comments:

Post a Comment