Friday, February 4, 2011

January showers bring February flowers?????

Well, it's February. So in the retail world that means spring stuff should be hitting stores. OBviously since there's a blizzard pounding the Midwest, everybody will be layering up to trudge out to buy bottled water, batteries and pastel colored shorts. 

Now that I live in California, I can actually fathom buying spring things in February as I can actually wear them some time in the next 6 months. 

Sidebar: Let me tell you Midwestern friends a little story about California "spring". So the man and I wanted to have some plants around our place to make it look purty, but we have a lot of shady areas. So. We went to the garden center to buy plants (late January mind you) and asked if they had Hostas, for our shady spots. "Oh no nono." they said, "naturally, since it's winter, they are dormant right now."  Blinking in disbelief, as I stood in the sunny 68 degree weather, looking to my left at an Orange tree bearing fruit.....I managed to play it cool like I understood and mustered up an "oh, of course. Naturally."

SO. They told us the Hostas should be available in a couple weeks.  A couple weeks. So....what you're saying is, spring is in a couple weeks?
And at this point, my Michigander brain exploded all over the ceramic pots and shrubberies.
I am still not fully understanding "winter" in California.

So all that is to say, I am ready for spring clothes. And you Tammy, remember what happened to me last spring. I got this insatiable craving to buy floral printed EVERYthing. I became like, this, floral buying monster. RRRRRRROOOOAAAAAARRRR MUST HAVE FLORAAALSSS!!! YARRRGH!

And so it begins again. And I bought these shoes. For $24!!!
And I don't have to wait four more months to wear them.

Thank you California.
Thank you Forever 21.....or really, thank you China.                   Forever 21

No comments:

Post a Comment